Orlando, Fla. - The holidays have arrived in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village for the first time in grand fashion with new decorations, entertainment, and holiday treats.
The doorways of the shops in both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village have been decorated to represent the business that they conduct.
Some of my favorites are inside Diagon Alley at Flourish & Blotts where the store's wreath is adorned with flowers made from pages of books and the garland on Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions which has small scraps of fabric from past creations including Hermione's dress from the Yule Ball.
Celestina Warbeck and her Banshees
The Wizarding Wireless Network is sponsoring the lastest show from The Singing Sorcereress Celestina Warbeck and her Banshees featuring four new tunes from her chart-topping holiday album, Nothin’ Like A Holiday Spell with hits like:
- “Nothing Like a Holiday Spell” – There are many spells and charms in the wizarding world. But during this time of year, conjuring warm feelings of yuletide cheer is the most magical spell of all.
- “Accio Christmas” – This calypso inspired song officially brings a Christmas rhythm of the islands to the British Isles.
- “My Baby Gave Me a Hippogriff for Christmas” – Have you ever received a gift that wasn’t exactly what you were expecting? This song describes one such moment our singing sorceress experienced
- “A Witch and Wizard’s Wintry Wondrous Land” – This classic wizarding carol shows there’s nothing more lovely than sharing the Christmas season with family friends—and of course Celestina’s fans.
Inside of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade at Universal's Islands of Adventure, a choir like no other takes the stage filling the bustling village with a unique sound of the holidays.
Each house is represented in harmony as the Frog Choir is performing all-new carols written for the festivities that include:
- “Christmas at Hogwarts” – This wizarding carol casts a Christmas spell that echoes through the halls of Hogwarts.
- “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” – The choir will bring a new and festive life to this classic holiday song.
- “The Most Magical Yule Ball of All” – Hosting the TriWizard Tournament also brings with it a magical event known as the Yule Ball. This song captures all the magic, elegance and wonder of this very special night.
- “I Cast a Spell On Father Christmas” – This fun song is a cautionary tale asking young wizards to be sure of the incantation before casting a spell.
The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle
Hogwarts Castle enchants guests nightly using state of the art projection-mapping technology to decorate the castle and bring moments from the Harry Potter films to life.
The best part is that this experience begins at dusk and runs multiple times throughout the evening, night. But for the best viewing, make sure to hang around for one of the later shows.
We'll be talking about this amazing nighttime event more soon!
The Three Broomsticks, Hogsmeade Village at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Leaky Cauldron, Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida, are offering up a Holiday feast full of traditional English dishes ($64.99 for four guests and $15.99 for additional guests) that includes roast turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce, pigs in blankets, braised red cabbage, roasted potatoes, Christmas Pudding for dessert, and more.
While holiday feasts are jolly, this holiday season in the Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter there are two words that have me excited.
Hot Butterbeer has been a staple of the holidays in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for some time, but it is worth trying if you haven't done so on a previous visit. It is amazing. It's like a huge hug from Molly Weasley.
The holidays in both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village are spellbinding, and are open to the public from daily from now until January 6, 2018.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.