ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. - The sun is shining, school is out and summer is in the air! Central Florida, get ready to ring in the season with a bang—or rather, a BOOM!
The City of Altamonte Springs will host Red Hot & Boom—the ultimate summertime celebration. With electric sounds, dazzling skies and plenty of patriotism, Red Hot & Boom is here to bring that feel-good, summer vibe to Central Florida.
Red Hot & Boom is an experience like no other which takes place Wednesday, July 3, 2019, at Cranes Roost Park. Presented by Qdoba and Todd Miner Law, this beloved event attracts more than 175,000 spectators each year.
Patrons are invited to shake it up, let loose and get in that summer state-of-mind with performances from the hottest artists, a jaw-dropping fireworks show and memories that will last a lifetime.
Guests will experience the magic of summer with performances on the iconic floating stage starting at 4 p.m. This year’s free family-friendly event includes internationally-recognized acts including:
- Ally Brooke—A former member of the girl group Fifth Harmony, Ally Brooke is embracing her journey as a solo artist and released her first single, “Low Key ft Tyga” which graced Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 Chart peaking at No. 24. You can expect to hear more from this up-and-coming singer with her debut album set to release in 2019.
- Asher Angel—From lead roles on Disney Channel’s Andi Mack and DC Extended Universe’s Shazam!, this talented 16-year-old actor and singer is making a name for himself. He recently dropped his new single “One Thought Away” featuring Wiz Khalifa.
- Dean Lewis—Apple Music named this Australian singer songwriter its newest Up Next Artist joining other alumni including Billie Eillish, Bad Bunny and Khalid. Dean Lewis gained major attention for his debut single, “Waves,” which has been certified 5x platinum. His latest single and heartbreak anthem “Be Alright,” is already certified platinum and is climbing charts around the world.
- lovelytheband—The indie pop trio of lovelytheband is best known for the hit “Broken,” which dominated the Billboard’s Alternative Songs Chart and made music history with a 66-week streak! The group hits the road for a nationwide tour this summer to promote their debut album.
- Madison Beer—Madison Beer rose to social media fame by recording cover songs and was personally signed by Justin Bieber himself to his record label. The pop/R&B singer now has over 13 million followers and worked with notable artists such as David Guetta, Offset and Red Hot & Boom alumni Jack & Jack.
- Mabel—This international pop star recently brought the house down during her first U.S. television debut during The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. With multiple top 10 hits in the U.K. and a tour with One Direction star Harry Styles under her belt, Mabel is
- MAX—Nominated as the “Best New Pop Artist” at the 2019 iHeartRadioMusic Awards, MAX is ready to bring the Hell’s Kitchen flair to the floating stage with his new single, “Love Me Less.”
A breathtaking 25-minute display over Cranes Roost Lake will cap off the ultimate celebration of our country with summer anthems playing as fireworks burst across the night sky. The fireworks will begin to light up the sky at 9:30 p.m., weather permitting, with musical acts to follow.
“It’s so amazing to see the community of Altamonte Springs and beyond come together each year to celebrate Independence Day,” said Mayor Pat Bates. “Red Hot & Boom truly embodies summer in the Sunshine State, and we could not be prouder to share the incredible experience with all of Central Florida.”
The event is rain or shine. For more information, please visit www.UptownAltamonte.com/RHB.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.