LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort has announced its musical line-up and interactive seminar offerings for the ninth annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic, October 26-28.
New musical performers will add to the immersive environments of three of the themed sections, each selected to perfectly match the unique tastes and décor of the area. The acts making their festival debuts this year include:
- Manureva, a family group, will perform authentic songs and melodies from Polynesia in the new luau-themed area, The Pig & The Poke
- Vintage Vibe, a group of renegade musicians who reimagine songs from a variety of genres into the smooth, lavish sounds of the 1920s and ‘30s, will be in the Bubble Lounge
- Singer-guitarist-songwriter Harry “Captain Henry” Hann will play a blend of rock, soul, jazz and reggae – a style he calls Floribbean – in the Beer Garden.
Returning to the Dolphin clamshell fountain main stage for both nights are festival favorites:
- Epic, performing today’s best dance, pop and party rock music
- 501 Blues, playing the top blues, soul and classic rock hits from the past 40 years
- Atlantic City Boys, featuring the rock ‘n’ roll harmonies of the Beach Boys, Drifters, the BeeGees and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
Another fan favorite are the event’s popular educational seminars, which give guests a chance to learn from the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team in an interactive setting. The 2018 seminar line-up includes:
- Fine Art of Sushi and Sake
- The Cheese Course
- Pasta Making
- Wine Blending
- Base to Bubbles (Champagne)
- Beer, Please
- Craft Cocktails
- Italian Wines
- Riesling, So Sweet & So Dry
- The Grand Tasting presented by Master Sommelier Matthew Citriglia (sold out)
Seminars will take place on Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27. Beverage seminar tickets are $50 per person, while pairing seminar tickets are $85, including tax. Specific dates and times of each seminar are available on the event website.
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 70 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 30 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. New to the event this year is The Pig and the Poke, a luau-themed area serving Kalua pork, tuna poke and shaved ice. Upgraded ticket options allow guests to enjoy access to a beer garden featuring a wide selection of craft beers and Oktoberfest-inspired cuisine. The evening causeway event runs from 5:30pm – 9:00pm on Oct 26 and Oct. 27 and the Sunday Bubbles Brunch take places Oct. 28.
More information and tickets for the causeway, seminars, Sunday Bubbles Brunch and more can be found at www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com, www.facebook.com/swananddolphin or by calling 1-800-227-1500.
About the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
In the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort, the award-winning Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort resides amongst the greatest theme parks and attractions in Central Florida. The resort recently completed a $150 million transformation, the largest in the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort’s history. It is located betweenEpcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and nearby Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and Magic Kingdom Park. Guests can discover 17 world-class restaurants and lounges, sophisticated guest rooms with Westin Heavenly Beds and the luxurious Mandara Spa. The resort features five pools, two health clubs, tennis, nearby golf, complimentary transportation throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, the extended park hours benefit, where each day, one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks is open extra time for guests to enjoy select attractions (Valid theme park admission and Resort ID required) and Disney FastPass+ service, where guests can reserve up to three select theme park experiences up to 60 days in advance of their visit. The resort can be reached at 800-227-1500. For more information, visit www.swandolphin.com and connect with the resort via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.