ORLANDO, Fla. - 50 years ago, the Apollo 11 lunar module landed two people on the Moon, forever marking the day in history as one of the humankind’s most significant achievements.
In every sense of the phrase, the moon landing was “one giant leap for mankind,” as the human race discovered the impossible can be achieved if we just work together.
Exploring the Final Frontier has and continues to be one of the greatest collaborations in history, uniting people around the world.
And during Moon Fest at the Orlando Science Center, the Central Florida community can come together to commemorate 50 years and inspire the next set of engineers, astronauts, mathematicians, coders, and inventors who will land on, explore and possibly live on Mars.
Moon Fest Experiences Include:
- Special Live Shows like Peeps in SPACE, and To Infinity and Kaboom: the chemistry of rocket science!
- Dr. Dare's Lab has been turned into a celestial laboratory with black lit space-themed experiments!
- Discover what it takes to be an astronaut in our Astronaut Training Facility.
- Catch First Man and WALL-E in the Digital Adventure Theater and Journey to Space, and Apollo 11: First Steps Edition in the Dr. Phillips CineDome.
- Participate in a Martian Egg Drop Challenge in DinoDigs!
- Create your own screen printed Moon Fest t-shirt in The Hive: A Makerspace.
- Laser Light Shows to the tunes of The Beatles, Pink Floyd: Dark Side of The Moon and more!
- Saturday only: Stay until 11:00 p.m. for Science After Sundown, with limited Moon Fest programming like telescope viewings on the Terrace, late night films and more!
Admission to Moon Fest at the Orlando Science Center is free for Orlando Science Center Members and included with general admission to the Orlando Science Center.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.