KISSIMMEE, Fla. - For the first time ever, Christmas at Gaylord Palms will offer the Three Kings Festival, a special commemoration of the extended holiday season celebrated by many Christians in Spain and Latin America.
The resort will add additional shows and activities as part of the festival to highlight Three Kings’ Day, a holiday that honors the Three Wise Men and their visit to the meet baby Jesus as told in the Gospel of Matthew.
The event will run from January 1- 6, 2019, also allowing guests one last chance to experience the other activities of Christmas at Gaylord Palms.
FESTIVE FUN AND FLAVORS
Twice daily, guests can enjoy the all-new show, The Journey of Los Tres Reyes Magos.
This free stage show showcases the Three Kings in a musical celebration as they retell the Christmas story and the celebrations surrounding it, including Las Posadas and el Día de los Reyes, all on stage in Emerald Plaza inside the grand St. Augustine Atrium.
The origin of Christmas is also celebrated inside the resort’s signature holiday attraction ICE!. This true winter wonderland attraction, kept at a chilly 9 degrees, features hand-carved ice sculptures made from 2 million pounds of ice. Featuring colorful, life-sized ice sculptures and five two-story ice slides, the experience ends with the majestic Nativity carved from crystal-clear ice, watched over by a towering frozen angel sculpture that is sure to leave guests in awe.
The resort’s popular snow sliding attraction gets a hot, new twist for Three Kings Festival, becoming Snow Tubing Latin Nights. During the evening hours, guests will zoom down our eight-lane tubing hill accompanied by high-energy Latin music. Guests may enjoy unlimited runs on their ticket date. Double riding tubes are available for parents with small children. (Snow Tubing will close on January 5, 2019.)
In celebration of Three Kings Day, Gaylord Palms’ award-winning restaurants will feature the traditional Coquito cocktail plus some Latin-inspired favorites:
- MOOR: Beef or Chicken Empanadas with Chipotle Aioli
- Socio: Ham Croquettes with Garlic Mustard
- Wreckers Sports Bar: Mojo Pork Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
- Villa de Flora: Three Kings Cake on the dessert buffet
FREE AND INEXPENSIVE FAMILY FUN
While visiting the resort for Christmas at Gaylord Palms and the Three Kings Festival, guests are encouraged to also enjoy these complimentary experiences:
- CIRQUE DREAMS UNWRAPPED - “Holiday thrills” take on a whole new meaning during Cirque Dreams Unwrapped, a 25-minute, action-packed experience, featuring soaring acrobatics, theatricality and imagination that will have guests on the edge of their seats. Cirque Dreams Unwrapped features new acts and performers each year to bring to life a magical and timeless Christmas wonderland, all imagined by Broadway director and renowned Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg.
- DREAMS OF CHRISTMAS LIGHT SHOW - Gaylord Palms’ St. Augustine atrium is home to a brand-new, dazzling light show called Dreams of Christmas. This multisensory experience features a new musical score accompanied with millions of dancing, choreographed lights all around the resort’s six-story Christmas tree during nightly shows.
- CHRISTMAS TREE TRAIL - Guests exploring the meandering paths inside the resort’s Everglades atrium will find the Christmas Tree Trail, a display of nine magnificent trees provided by Balsam HillTM. Sparkle the Elf, Santa’s chief Christmas Tree Decorator, has personally prepared these for display at Gaylord Palms. From snowmen and candy canes to reindeer and nutcrackers, each tree represents one of Sparkle's favorite things about Christmas, with one even honoring the Florida-themed resort!
- ACRES OF DÉCOR AND FUN SIGHTS TO SEE - All ages enjoy wandering the 4.5 acres of indoor gardens found inside Gaylord Palms Resort, but during the Christmas season, there is even more to discover with unique and fun photo opportunities that are totally Christmas card-worthy! Guests can discover native Florida wildlife in each atrium locale that range from Florida’s most famous reptile, the American Alligator, to huge snapper and tarpon in the Key West lagoon.
Additionally, families can enjoy low-cost activities, where everyone can work together for a fun and memorable holiday experience!
Exploring the atrium becomes an even grander experience when you embark on the all-new Secret Santa Scavenger Hunt ($9.99 plus tax per book/decoder)! Families and friends can enlist in Santa’s Secret Service to decode some fun as they utilize their very own Santa’s Secret Service Decoder Ring to decipher clues hidden throughout the winding atriums. Only the most elite yuletide sleuths will be able to solve the unique Christmassy puzzles to break the code and earn a Santa’s Secret Service badge.
For “sweet” family memories, stop by the Alpine Village Sweet Shop for the Gingerbread Decorating Corner! Guests may select a gingerbread house or themed cookies (kit prices begin at $22.99 plus tax) to share a sticky and fun interactive experience, with no mess to clean up before packing the sweet souvenirs to take home. The deliciously fun gingerbread pair, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, will also be available for toasty hugs and holiday photos.
Guests can learn more about the Three Kings Festival and other activities at Gaylord Palms by visiting www.gaylordhotelsnews.com/ThreeKingsFestival.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.