ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orange County Library System, OCLS, has launched a brand new Local Wanderer program to offer all OCLS adult cardholders in good standing the chance to experience local museums, concerts, sporting events, and more for free.
There are a wide variety of participating venues, and the number of people that can use one pass will vary depending on the venue so be sure to read all the detail as some passes only allow free admission for the customer who made the reservation while others allow for groups of up to four.
The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is a 116-acre zoo located north of Orlando, Florida near the city of Sanford. The zoo is home to more than 350 animals, representing over 100 species from the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Housed in a three-theatre complex in Loch Haven Park, The Orlando Repertory Theatre (The REP), is a professional theatre for young audiences with a mission to enlighten, entertain, and enrich children and adults by producing theatre of exceptional quality.
The Orange County Regional History Center is a private non-profit history museum located in the historic Orange County Courthouse. The five-story museum consists of exhibits presenting local and regional history starting from 12,000 years ago.
Located in Loch Haven Park, on the shore of Lake Formosa, the Mennello Museum of American Art celebrates the diversity of American art, offering thought-provoking exhibits & programs in a welcoming environment.
Hard Rock Live is Orlando's main destination for the best in live entertainment. Jamming concerts, hilarious comedy shows, dance performances—Hard Rock Live hosts it all in their state-of-the-art concert and event venue.
The Orlando Museum of Art was founded in 1924 by a group of art enthusiasts. The museum's mission is to inspire creativity, passion and intellectual curiosity by connecting people with art and new ideas.
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum houses the world's most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, including the artist and designer's jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, leaded-glass lamps and windows.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud affiliate of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning and members of the ECHL, the premier "AA" hockey league in North America. In seven seasons of operation, the team has qualified for the Kelly Cup Playoffs five times.
Founded by UCF professor Stuart Omans in 1989, Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF (Orlando Shakespeare Theater, Inc.) produces classic, contemporary, and children's plays.
Reserving a Local Wanderer Pass is really easy when you follow these four easy steps.
- Click the "reserve pass" button
- Browse for passes by date or venue
- Make a reservation using your library card credentials
- Print or download your requested pass.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind about the Orange County Library System Local Wanderer Program:
- In addition to your pass, you will be required to present your library card that matches the barcode and name on your pass.
- The customer who reserved the pass must be present at time of redemption.
- The pass can be redeemed once within 14 days of reservation date.
- Local Wanderer Pass reservations can be made once per venue per calendar year.
- Additionally, each library card is limited to only two active reservations at a time.
- If you reserve a pass and do not redeem it, you will not be able to use that pass again until the next calendar year.
- To cancel a reservation, contact Orange County Library System at 407-835-7323. Only passes that have not yet passed their reservation date can be cancelled.
You can find our more about the Orange County Library System Local Wanderer Program and make pass reservations online at ocls.info/localwanderer.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.