LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival has burst into bloom at the Walt Disney World Resort filling the park with the sights, sounds, and flavors of Spring daily until June 3, 2019.
Now in its 26th year, the 90-day event features horticulture delights, edible treats, lush gardens, exclusive tours, and an expanded entertainment lineup that are often included with theme park admission.
This year’s Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival highlights include:
Topiaries with character
This year scattered around the park, 70 Disney-crafted topiaries have been created by the talented crew of Disney horticulturists.
Here is where you can find a selection of this year’s Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival topiaries:
- Anna and Elsa from Frozen - Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Bo Peep and Her Sheep with Buzz Lightyear and Woody from the Disney•Pixar Toy Story Films - Located at Future World East
- Chip ‘n Dale and Donald Duck with Huey, Dewey and Louie - Located near Showcase Plaza Towers, East and West
- Daisy Duck and the Floral Stars of the Show - Located near Spaceship Earth
- Figment - Located near the Imagination! Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp Located at the Italy Pavilion
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Enjoy a Picnic with Topiary Hearts -Located at Showcase Plaza
- Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog - Located at the France Pavilion
- Pluto and Goofy - Located between Future World and World Showcase
- Snow White and Dopey - Located at the Germany Pavilion
- The Three Caballeros (Featuring Jose, Donald and Panchito) - Located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Welcome to the 2019 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival (Featuring Topiary Butterflies) - Located at the Main Entrance
During the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival breathtaking flower beds, plots of plant life, and wildlife habitats can be found in every area of the park.
From Bonsai trees to butterflies, there’s a bounty of displays ready to capture your family’s attention and imagination including:
- Alpine Container Garden – Visit the Germany Pavilion to learn about hearty alpine plants that have adapted to survive in extreme temperatures and are the perfect match for windy balconies, cold-weather climates and sloped or parched landscapes.
- Bonsai Collection – Take a trip to the Japan Pavilion and discover the ancient art of bonsai with some of the finest living sculptures created by bonsai masters, who carefully shape and tend these miniature works of art—creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Festival Blooms – Behold colorful, living panoramas composed of over 70,000 thousands of flowers, overlooking the east and west lakes of Future World.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ – Visit this foliage-filled exhibit at Future World West to view a kaleidoscope of butterflies and observe several species up close, learning about their life cycles and maybe even witnessing them emerging from chrysalises.
- Plant a Garden Perfect for Pollinators – Stop by this display near the Butterfly House and take garden-ready ideas home with you, along with garden crafts and sustainable best practices.
- Purple Martin Garden– Spot purple martins as they soar to and from their nests in our purple martin bird houses. These migratory birds flew over 3,000 miles from the Brazilian Amazon to raise their young right here at Epcot! Test your identification skills by finding the brown-and-white females, as well as the iridescent, all-purple males. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Cast Members will be on hand on Tuesdays and Fridays after 11:00 AM to answer questions you may have about these fascinating birds.
- Shakespeare Garden – Thou shalt adore matching up famous quotes to flowers found within this vibrant garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion. William Shakespeare often used flowers and exotic gardens to help set the scenes for his plays and employed them as symbols and metaphors.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Visit the Mexico Pavilion and learn how Mexican rainforests are rich with plants and animals that have adapted to a wide variety of light levels and water conditions.
- Urban Spice – At the Morocco Pavilion, learn how in many eastern cultures, ancient spices were considered more valuable than gold. Even today, many cultures are defined by their signature spices and herb blends, created from plant leaves, stems, roots, seeds and flowers.
In addition to these offerings, even more seasonal offerings will be sprinkled into the lineup as the Festival is under way.
Interactive Play Scapes
Step off the beaten Festival path to experience two whimsical play gardens with fun hands-on activities and interactive play scapes.
The new Bo Peep's Playtime Training Grounds, located near Test Track, is a playful playground and garden inspired by Bo Peep and the rest of your Toy Story pals. It’s a fun, innovative and interactive area for fans of all ages to have fun and get excited for Toy Story 4 opening June 21, 2019.
Also new, the Play Full Garden, located on the Imagination Walkway, inspires the entire family to gather for interactive activities that focus on nutrition and wellness at this brand-new playground and the Mind Full Retreat decompression area where guests can relax and unwind..
As festival-goers take in all these floral wonders, they will come across fine tastes to savor along their journey at over a dozen Outdoor Kitchens around Epcot’s World Showcase.
The Outdoor Kitchens open at 11am, and just outside of each location a raised-bed or in-ground gardens of herbs and produce will offer the perfect inspiration for learning to grow healthy ingredients.
Creative new culinary dishes and four new Outdoor Kitchens are part of this year’s Festival offerings, and include Arbor at The Gardeners Terrace featuring unique food as well as the all-new Health Full Trail with the new Flavor Full Kitchen.
Garden Rocks Concert Series
The popular Garden Rocks Concert Series will rock every evening of the festival with performances by chart-topping artists performing three shows daily on the America Gardens Theatre stage.
That’s 270 concerts – more than ever before – spanning multiple genres.
Returning favorites like The Spinners and Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone will be joined by artists new to the festival like TobyMac, Steven Curtis Chapman, Eddie Palmieri and Colin Hay of Men at Work.
Additionally, guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at 15 popular Epcot restaurants, and guaranteed seating for a nightly concert with a Garden Rocks Dining Package. Dining packages are now booking at FreshEpcot.com or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Festival Exclusive Guided Tours
Guided tours are also available for guests interested in learning more about nature’s magic exclusively during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
The Royal Tea Garden Tour, presented by Twinings, which takes place each festival morning at the United Kingdom, allows guests to follow a knowledgeable guide through the tranquil tea garden setting to learn the history and artistry behind growing and blending tea for a small fee. A post-tour treat of tea and scones is included.
The Gardens of the World tour lets guests join a Disney horticulturist for a three-hour walking tour to explore the award-winning topiaries and gardens that make the festival so special. Guests will learn about the unique role landscaping plays at Walt Disney World and discover new plant materials and gardening techniques to use for home gardens.
Guided tours are offered select days throughout the festival for an additional fee. Epcot admission is required. For more information or to make a reservation, guests can call (407) WDW-TOUR.
Family Scavenger Hunts
This year there are two returning scavenger hunts that will take you on an adventure through the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
Gardeners of all ages are invited to participate in Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration family scavenger hunt through new locations along the garden pollination trail on a search for Spike’s best blooms as he pollinates flower beds across Epcot from now until June 3rd.
The botanical-happy hunt begins by purchasing a map at Port of Entry for $6.99 plus tax, then continues with a visit to each World Showcase pavilion in search of flowers featuring the busiest bee at Walt Disney World, and concludes at the Port of Entry where you can return your completed map for a special surprise.
Then from April 5th through April 21st (while supplies last), Epcot will become the “hoppy-est place on Earth” when the Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt takes guests on an excursion around World Showcase in search of Disney character-themed eggs.
Egg-stavaganza maps are available for $6.99 plus tax at Disney Traders, Pin Central, and World Traveler. Once you have a map, start your hunt high and low for hidden eggs featuring your favorite Disney characters and return the completed map to Disney Traders for a sp-egg-tacular surprise.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Merchandise
Guests can also commemorate their visit to the 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival with official event merchandise with a charming array of whimsical apparel and headwear designed to capture the splendor of spring, garden tools and accessories, and magical Disney keepsakes to adorn their homes and gardens.
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, including all gardens and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission and you can find even more information by following @icFloridaEvents on Twitter and Facebook.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.