Anaheim, CA - Disney fans from all over the world will have their eyes on Anaheim, California, July 14th -16th as D23: The Official Disney Fan Club presents the D23 EXPO to find out what is new and what is next on the horizon for the Disney Brand.
Beginning in 2009 and held bi-anually, the D23 EXPO offers fans a way to find out what's on the horizon for the Disney theme parks, television, music, gaming, merchandise, and films (including Pixar, Star Wars, & Marvel).
Highlights of this year's D23 EXPO include the Disney Legends Ceremony, which honors the talented men and women who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy; an all new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives; D23 Expo’s costume contest, Mousequerade, showcasing the most creative designs by fans; the D23 Expo Emporium, where Disney fans can buy, sell, and trade Disney collectibles, memorabilia, merchandise, and more; and the D23 Expo Design Challenge.
The 2017 Expo will feature a massive show floor full of immersive experiences and special opportunities to see what’s next for Disney around the world—and guests may run into their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers.
In addition to the ceremonies and fun, Expo goers will pour into Hall D23, Stage 23, Stage 28, and Center Stage to take in presentation and performances.
Some of the more popular and most anticipated are:
- The Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Upcoming Films, Hosted by John Lasseter presentation will announce existing and new animation movies and projects.
- The Walt Disney Studios Live Action Films presentation which will announce new and existing live action movies from Walt Disney Studios, Marvel Studios, Star Wars, and Disney Nature.
- A fan favorite Level Up! The Walt Disney Company's Video Game Showcase gives us a look at popular games like Star Wars Battlefront II, Disney/Square Enix Kingdom Hearts, and other games that will be coming out soon.
- Did you know that the popular DuckTales cartoon is coming to Disney XD later this summer? If you didn't or if you are looking for more information the DuckTales Panel is sure to be full of cast and crew ready to share their excitement with you!
- And finally you cannot forget the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts presentation where information about new and upcoming attractions, lands, and projects for all of the Disney Parks will be announced.
The 2017 D23 Expo is sure to be full of big announcements on every Disney front, so make sure you follow @icFloridaEvents on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as we will be brining you the latest news out of the D23 Expo!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.