LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic, November 8 & 9, 2019, offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 90 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel's award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 60 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel's scenic causeway.
"We're continually amazed at the response to this event and are honored to be celebrating 10 years," said Luciano Sperduto, the resort's director of food & beverage. "This year is going to be the biggest and best event yet."
Notable new dishes on the 2019 menu include:
- Pan-seared rock fish with cotechino, toasted fregola, romanesco with Lambrusco from Todd English's bluezoo
- Vegan pho with rice noodle, bok choy, carrot, bamboo shoot, hoisin and sriracha from Fresh Mediterranean Market
- Organic Kabocha Squash Ravioli with pumpkin seed and sage gremolata, pumpkin crema and pecorino from Il Mulino
- Poutine, French fries and cheese curds topped with gravy at the Beer Garden
- Barbacoa beef taco with ancho Chile braised beef, minced red onion, lime wedge, lime- cilantro and "chimichurri" sauce from Picabu
- Seared Salmon with caramelized cabbage, sauce soubise, chestnut gnocchi ossolani from Garden Grove
- Vegetarian rice bowl with roasted vegetables, seasoned sushi rice, tempura crunch from Cabana Bar and Beach Club
Returning favorites include:
- Oven-roasted angus beef tenderloin with Idaho mashed potatoes, caramelized field mushrooms, sauce bordelaise from Shula's Steakhouse
- Dynamite Rock Shrimp from Todd English's bluezoo
- Kimonos and Dragon Sushi Roll from Kimonos
- Funfetti fried Oreo cookie with dark chocolate ganache at Carnival Corner
- Traditional Earth baked kalua pork at The Pig & The Poke
- Yu Chen's crispy duck at Chinatown
- Kentuckyaki chicken wings with cilantro-lime dipping sauce at the Beer Garden
The Pig & Poke, the fan-favorite Hawaiian Luau themed area debuted in 2018, will make its return in 2019 along with the other themed areas:
- Carnival Corner, carnival games and food with a twist
- Chinatown, cuisine and beverages inspired by San Francisco's noted neighborhood
- Bubble Lounge, a sophisticated atmosphere serving sparkling beverages with perfectly paired hors d'oeuvres
- Beer Garden, craft beers with dishes inspired by Oktoberfest
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Executive Chef Dan Herman will feature his personal barbecue favorites at Smokin D's Barbecue, while original dessert offerings will once again be served by the resort's executive pastry chef and World Champion Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard.
New this year to celebrate the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic 10th year, is a surf party-themed area called Hang 10 to really amp up the party.
Taking up residence on the resort's white sand beach, Hang 10 will immerse guests in a surf-themed beach party with a live band, decorations and two new dishes from the hotel's award-winning food and beverage team:
- Fry Basket - featuring clams, shrimp, oysters and fries seasoned with malt vinegar and served with lemon and traditional tartar sauce
- Hearts of Palm Ceviche - thinly sliced fresh hearts of palm, lime juice, Bermuda onion, bell pepper and chili peppers
The area will also offer refreshing new beverage selections, including Spritzes and hard seltzer water.
"The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic is all about fun," said Luciano Sperduto, director of food & beverage. "We wanted to celebrate this milestone by giving our guests yet one more party experience to enjoy."
Educational seminar experiences may be added to packages for an additional fee.
Overnight packages are also available and can be booked by phone at 1-888-828-8850.
Individual ticket options can be purchased at www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com. Advance-purchase, event-only tickets to enjoy unlimited tastings on the causeway as well as access to the beer garden are $145 per person (inclusive of tax and service fees).
© 2019 Cox Media Group.