Main Street America chose Orlando’s Ivanhoe Village Main Street as one of the five Most Romantic Main Streets in America, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Read full list.
Ivanhoe Village Main Street:
Nestled along Interstate 4, just outside the downtown Orlando skyline, sits Ivanhoe Village Main Street. Ivanhoe Village is home to the most antique shops and unique boutiques around Orlando. It’s also home to two art museums, plenty of parks, beautiful Spanish moss lined oak trees and perfect little patios for romantic dining and watching a lake Ivanhoe sunset.
Ivanhoe Village Main Street is an Accredited Main Street America program.
Romantic Dining and Drink Options
• Gaston Edwards Park—perfect place for an afternoon picnic or a stroll around Lake Ivanhoe.
• Better Than Sex, A Dessert Restaurant—this dessert restaurant is truly delicious and sexy. Beautifully decorated in red, black and white. Dimly lit, with gorgeous chandeliers. The wait staff is attentive and classy.
• The Imperial at Washburn Imports—a super chic, eclectic bar nestled inside a beautifully decorated, high end antique showroom. Live music, hip clientele and a unique wine and beer selection round out this unique and intimate venue.
• Santiago’s Bodega-gorgeous artistic décor and a romantic atmosphere, this restaurant sits along Virginia Avenue and always has a packed patio and gracious staff. There’s nothing more romantic than tasting and sharing delicious tapas here with your significant other.
• Savoy-classy and welcoming, this gay bar and dance club is a staple in Ivanhoe Village Main Street. Drink classy cocktail and dance the night away with your love!
• NOVA Restaurant-this gem is truly in the heart of Ivanhoe Village, (NOVA=North Orange, Virginia Avenue) the restaurant has an upscale atmosphere specializing in farm-to-table cuisine and custom cocktails, outdoor seating gives stunning views of Lake Ivanhoe.
• The Greek Corner-the patio of this hidden gem restaurant makes you feel as if you’ve left the country and flown to Greece. Complete with twinkle lights and a view of Lake Ivanhoe.
• The Thirsty Topher-truly a neighborhood bar and hidden gem on Virginia Drive, the atmosphere is simple yet elegant, intimate with dim lights and rustic decor. Specializing in craft beers, the owners take pride in greeting guests, and explaining the history of the beautiful bar top. Food trucks also sit out back for dining options.
• Hammered Lamb-a celebratory, casual, and fun neighborhood bar. The patio offers views of Lake Ivanhoe and a busy, party like atmosphere…free shots are offered each time the train passes.
• Lucky Lure- a drink here is like being at the beach, open air windows and a huge selection of canned beers and strong cocktails. The long open ledge allows you to lean out and watch passers-by while getting a great view of Lake Ivanhoe.
• White Wolf Café-an antique store that blossomed into an eclectic restaurant serving amazing breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Unique décor, creative menus and great service on a very busy section of North Orange Avenue the small patio out front is intimate, and quaint.
• The Hideaway-a popular dive bar and restaurant with dive drinks and food. A fun environment where you can watch a sporting event one of the TVs inside or on the patio, or challenge your loved one to a game of pinball.
• Matador-a dark dive with plenty of seating, where you can get an adventurous craft cocktail or just order up your usual drink. The patio is typically jumping after hours, but happy hour is normally chill.
Romantic Entertainment and Shops:
• The Venue—Cabaret-style shows, the venue offers local artistry and theater. The friendly staff strives to make visitors feel welcome. Every show has drink specials and the venue makes every event special and entertaining.
• GB’s Bottle Shop and Tasting Bar- A unique place for beer tasting. A shopping experience tailored to beer enthusiasts or the casual beer drinker. Guests drink craft beers while shopping from a selection of more than 200 beers and growing.
• Tim’s Wine Market- Tim and his staff taste to select every one of their six hundred selections and can tell you who made it, the history of where it comes from and why they picked it.
• Rock & Roll Heaven — From Elvis to Ellington, there’s something for every musical taste. Don’t miss the memorabilia scattered about.
• Paper Goat Post—Write a romantic letter on beautiful and personal stationary from Paper Goat Post, then shower your loved one with jewelry, fresh flowers, body lotion, chocolates and more from this gloriously decorated unique boutique.
• Orlando Science Center-Aside from just being a beautiful science center with exhibits and entertainment…the location is also perfect for weddings. The facility offers romantic settings with indoor and outdoor space.
• Orlando Museum of Art-Filled with romance, art and class…the Orlando Museum of Art is the perfect place to spend an afternoon with your love. The venue is so beautiful with a plaza, auditorium, galleries and meeting rooms...it’s perfect for weddings.
• Factur –Grab your honey, and take a tour of this unique maker’s space Thursday evenings from 4-7pm. See all the creative projects, artwork, and business plans in the making.
• Loch Haven Park- Orlando Loch Haven Park covers 45 acres and serves as the region’s premier cultural park. Nestled between three lakes, Lake Estelle on the north, Lake Rowena on the east and Lake Formosa on the south.
• The Barefoot Spa-relax and get pampered with your love with one of the many choices of foot massages, massage therapies, facial or body treatments. Sip wine, enjoy the customized services of this unique and beautiful spa and slip into another world.