It seems appropriate that National Beer Day lands on a Friday, given that most beer drinkers were probably making plans to celebrate the end of the work week without even being aware of the special occasion.
That just fine, though. Now beer drinkers have one more reason to enjoy their favorite cold and tasty beverage while discussing these interesting 7 facts about beer.
7 Interesting Facts About Beer:
- Beer is the world’s most widely consumed alcoholic beverage and the third most popular drink overall, after water and tea.
- Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, dating back to 9500 BC.
- The oldest known recipe is for a 4,000-year-old beer made by the Sumerians.
- Bear’s foamy head is formed by a carbon-dioxide reaction and can say a great deal about the quality of the beer.
- Some researchers suggest beer prevents kidney stones and can strengthen bones.
- There are an estimated 400 types of beer in the world. Belgium is the country that has the most individual beer brands.
- The world’s most expensive beer is Belgium’s “Vielle Bon Secours.” One bottle costs around $1,000.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.