Orlando, Fla. - The Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire at THE VOID at Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs is an all-new “hyper-reality” experience that is the product is an immersive virtual reality experience like no other that was created in collaboration with Lucasfilm and ILMxLAB
What is so exciting for Star Wars fans is that this experience is considered part of legitimate Star Wars canon!
The experience takes place around the time of Rogue One and features characters like Captain Cassian, Darth Vader, and K-2SO. Part of a rebel team, your mission is to infiltrate a covert imperial base in search of the mysterious contents of a secret shipment. Unlike other virtual reality experiences, as you make your way through THE VOID you truly feel like you are in an alternate reality. You and your team, dressed as Imperial Stormtroopers, must fight your way through the base together as the smells of sulfur permeate your nose and the heat of molten rock radiates beneath you as you interact with physical objects like blasters, door locks, and computer panels to complete your mission.
Here are my 5 tips for a successful mission inside THE VOID:
- Take extra time with the fit and securing of your pack to ensure that you feel all the haptic feedback from laser blasts and explosions.
- Guests must be 10 years old and at least 48” tall, and the pack weighs more than 15 pounds, so ensure your children are ok carrying the weight.
- When you get into the staging room, make sure the volume on your helmet is turned up, so you can hear the experience as well as your teammates.
- Wear close-toed shoes to keep from tripping or getting your feet stepped on by your teammates.
- Teamwork is critical, so make sure you communicate with your fellow rebels throughout the mission.
Tickets for THE VOID Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire at Walt Disney World are available online, and there are only a certain number of playing times available every day so I suggest making your reservation as soon as you can in your vacation planning process.
To keep up with the latest theme park news and insider tips make sure that you follow @icfloridaevents on Twitter, Instagram, and join us on Thursday for our live Theme Park Thursday chat on Facebook.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.